Guru Gobind Singh College of Engineering & Research Centre, Nashik
Direct Second Year
Guru Gobind Singh Polytechnic, Nashik
Direct Second Year
Above Fee Structure Shows Interim fees for Academic Year 2016-17 which will be approved by Shikshan Shulka Samiti. Finalized fee will be declared after August 2016.
The students will have to pay the difference as and when demanded by the Principal.
- To make GGSF Campus “Zero Tolerance for Ragging” and Ragging free Zone
- To absolutely prohibit ragging within or outside the college campus.
- To prevent the occurrence of ragging by following anti ragging measures in the institution.
- To provide punishment to those indulging in ragging as per the guidelines.
- To sensitize students, staff and parents to adopt measures that will prevent Ragging
Roles and Responsibilities of Anti Ragging Committee
- To ensure compliance with the provision of UGC regulation 2009 at the institute level.
- To monitor and oversee the performance of anti ragging squad in prevention of ragging in the institution
Function Of Anti Ragging cell
Anti Ragging cell comprises of Convener and members of teaching staff perform duties in respect of maintaining of the discipline in the institute. The important functions of Anti Ragging Cell are as follows:
- To take cognizance of any breach of discipline and suggest immediate disciplinary action in such cases
- To implement and coordinate anti-ragging measures along with Convener and members of teaching staff, Students and Alumni.
- To decide the quantum of punishment to be imposed on the erring students.
- To monitor discipline among students’ community in classroom as well as at other places.
- To conduct inquiries of the defaulter students against individual/ collective indiscipline
- Collection of relevant evidences of incidence of indiscipline
- Liaison with District administration in matters regarding law and order situation in the institute
- To take preventive steps such as issue of notices, warnings, instructions, regulating certain actions etc. against individual or collective indiscipline.
ICC (Internal Complaints Committee)
Objective of ICC
- Physical contact and advances;
- Demand or request for sexual favours;
- Sexually oriented remarks
- Showing pornography
- Use of electronic media (phone, internet, intranet) for perpetrating any of the above
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature
The following circumstances, among other circumstances, if it occurs or is present in relation to or connected with any act or behaviour of sexual harassment may amount to sexual harassment:
- implied or explicit promise of preferential treatment in employment;
- implied or explicit threat of detrimental treatment in employment;
- implied or explicit threat about her present or future employment status;
- interference with her work or creating an intimidating or offensive or hostile work environment for her;
- Humiliating treatment likely to affect her health or safety.
The Role of the Committee
- To act as Inquiry Authority on a complaint of sexual harassment.
- To ensure that complainant and witnesses are not victimized or discriminated because of their complaint.
- To take proactive measures towards sensitization of all those at workplace
- The New Act of Parliament ‘The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act 2013′ [SHWW (PPR) Act] has received the assent of the President of India and promulgated on 22nd April, 2013.
- In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 29 of the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 (14 of 2013),the Central Government notified Rules on 09th December, 2013.
- Office Memorandum was circulated by Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Department of Personnel and Training) dated 27th November 2014 on‘The Alignment of Service Rules with the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act 2013′.
The office of the counseling services aims at helping students reach their highest academic and personal potential. This may involve helping with personal, learning and career concerns and promoting success and wellness among them. This office provides a confidential atmosphere in which students can explore any topic or situation and discuss any concerns they may have. The students are helped to work through their problems, to develop self-awareness, and to overcome problems.
Mission of WGC Committee
- Grievances redressal cell is formed in order to keep the healthy working atmosphere among the staff and students of GGSF.
- To enlighten the women students about their legal rights and to strive towards the
Empowerment of the women through the promotion of gender amity and programmes concerning women welfare.
- To uphold the dignity of the college by ensuring free atmosphere in the college by
promoting cordial student to student relationship, student to teacher relationship and staff to staff relations etc. This cell helps staff, students & parents to record their complaints and solve their common problems and personal grievances. Ragging complaints will be handled as per ragging rules available on university website. Woman harassment complaints will be handled as per government guidelines by respective section.
- Women grievance redressal cell makes every effort to ensure that girls feel at home.
Objectives of WGC Committee
- To resolve issues pertaining to girls’/women’s sexual harassment.
- To Women’s Grievance Redressal Cell has been formed to resolve issues
- To equip the female students, faculty and staff members with knowledge of their legal rights.
- To safeguard the rights of female students, faculty and staff members.
- To provide a platform for listening to complaints and redressal of grievances.
- To incorporate hygiene habits and ensure a healthy atmosphere in and around the college.
- To ensure personality along with academic development of students.
Function of WGC Committee
- If informal methods such as telling the perpetrator to stop harassing do not succeed, the victim can lodge a complaint through email or by a telephone call to any of the members.
- The complainant’s name and identity will be kept confidential.
- After it has been proved that the offender has indulged in sexual harassment, appropriate punitive action will be taken against him, irrespective of his status in the institute – whether staff, faculty or student.
- Only victim or her heir can file the complaint
- The victim can contact the Women Cell members by email or a telephone call and then lodge a complaint by filling the appropriate forms.
Guru Gobind Singh Foundation extend financial security cover to its employees and students studying in various institutes to meet out with any accidental eventuality.
Group Personal Accident Insurance Policy: Employees working in various institutes are covered under this policy and financial assistance is provided to individual/family member for following conditions arising out of accident only:
1. Accidental Death
2. Permanent Disablement
3. Temporary Total Disablement
4.In Hospital Medical Expenses
5. Ambulance Cost
6. Last Rites
7. Dependent Child Education Benefit
Amartya Siksha Yojana Policy : Students pursuing degree and diploma courses in engineering are covered under this policy of Government Of Maharashtra and financial assistance is provided to student to continue his/her education, for following conditions arising out of accident only to insured parent or legal guardian :
1. Accidental Death
2. Permanent Disablement
3. Loss Of Two Limbs Or Two Eyes
4. Loss Of One Limb And One Eye
Major expenses covered under this policy are:
1. Cost of Tuition Fees, Hostel Rent (inclusive of boarding expenses).
2. Cost of books and periodicals essentially prescribed by HOD/Institute Head.
3. Examination Fees.
4. Cost of second class rail ticket for the student to attend at the place where the insured parent or legal guardian has met with accident resulting in death/permanent total disablement or the place as stated
in the schedule where the insured parent/legal guardian resides.
5. Compulsory contribution for festivals, picnic/excursion held in/or behalf of the Department/Institution.
6. Cost of compulsory uniform prescribed by the Institution.
7. Any other compulsory expenses to be borne under recommendation of the HOD/Head Of Institute.
Both policies offer assistance for situation arising out of accidental death not for natural death.
Students of different categories ( ST,SC,SEB,VJ,NT,Minority etc) pursuing degree and diploma courses in engineering in institutes of Foundation’s are eligible to avail benefits under various Scholarship Schemes of Government Of Maharashtra and Government Of India. More information for the same is available on following links :
Sr. No. Category Scholarship Links
1 SC, VJ-NT, SBC, OBC www.mahaeschol.maharashtra.gov.in
4 Minority (State Govt.) www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in
5 Minority (Central Govt.) www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in
Guru Gobind Singh Foundation provides various benefits to its employees working in different institutes.
Group Personal Accident Insurance Policy: Employees working in various institutes are covered under this policy and financial assistance is provided to individual/family for various conditions arising out of accident.
Employee Credit Society: An employee joining Guru Gobind Singh Foundation has to become a member of Employee Credit Society by paying a nominal amount per month. An employee can avail the loan from the
society easily to meet his/her immediate requirements and repay in easy installments.
Cafeteria: Foundation has provided a state of art Cafeteria serving nutritious and delicious food items to its employees.
Yoga : A separate Yoga Room is available to all staff members for Yoga and Meditation.
Scholarship: Guru Gobind Singh Foundation provides Scholarship to the meritorious wards of the staff members.
Bus Facility: All staff members of Foundation can avail Bus Services provided by the Foundation without paying any charges.
Medical Facility: Medical OPD facility is provided to all staff members and their dependents without any charges inside the campus. Further Foundation has done Corporate Tie Ups with selected reputed
hospitals for providing various medical services to its employees at discounted rates.
Guru Gobind Singh Foundation’s Guru Gobind Singh College Of Engineering And Research Centre, Nashik established in 2013 with total intake of 300 is offering four year Bachelor Of Engineering in Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering , approved by and affiliated to following competent authorities :
- Trust Registration
- First Approval by AICTE, DTE, SPPU
- All India Council For Technical Education,Delhi
- Government Of Maharshtra
- Savitribai Phule Pune University (Formerly Known As University Of Pune)
Guru Gobind Singh Foundation’s Guru Gobind Singh Polytechnic, Nashik established in 2001 with total intake of 480 is offering three year Diploma Of Engineering in Civil, Computer, Electrical, Electronics and Telecommunication Mechanical Engineering (First Shift) and Mechanical Engineering (Second Shift) approved by and affiliated to following competent authorities
Hon’ble Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Shri. Devendra Fadnavis has launched ‘CM Fellowship Program 2016’ to rope in graduates and post graduates for effective implementation of his government’s flagship programs.
This fellowship program offers a unique opportunity to work with Government. The fellows will contribute meaningfully in governance and execution of certain programs. The program provides opportunities for professional growth and learning.
7th Annual Alumni Meet on 26th Jan 2016 at GGSP,Nashik
On 26th Jan, 2016 the 7th Annual GGSP Alumni Association meet was held in Guru Gobind Singh Polytechnic, Nashik. As many as 220 alumni (maximum placed in high posted jobs, some started their own enterprise or are pursuing higher education) attended the meet. The agenda of the meet was to discuss the skills/knowledge an engineer needs to possess in rapidly developing industries/fields. The CEO of GGSF, Permindur Singh Sir motivated the alumni not to stick to the works related with their trade/branch only but of other trades as well…read more
- CESA (Civil Engineering Student Association)
- EESA (Electrical Engineering Student Association)
- MESA (Mechanical Engineering Student Association)
- Computer_ GCESA (Computer Engineering Student Association)
- Civil_ GCEDSA(Civil Engineering Student Association)
- Electrical_ GEEDSA (Electrical Engineering Student Association)
- Electronics and Telecommunication_ GETSA ( Electronics and Telecommunication Student Association)
- Information Tech_GITSA ( Information Technology Student Association)
- Mechanical_ GMESA ( Mechanical Engineering Student Association)
Entrepreneur Development Cell :- The Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) was started with the object of promoting specialized knowledge in the field of entrepreneurship development. In view of the worldwide shortage of jobs (both government and private sectors) leading to unemployment problems and lack of proper utilization of human resources; the cell strives to identify talented youth to entrepreneurial works. The cell plans to organise various programmes regarding entrepreneurship development.
|Sr No||Program||Resource Person||Duration||No. Of Students|
|01||ELECTRICAL REPAIRING/MAINTENANCE TRAINING WORKSHOP||Mr. G.R. Sahastrabudhe||22nd to 24 th AUG 2014||40|
|02||REPAIRING & MAINTENANCE OF REFRIGERATOR||Mr. Tejinder Singh||6th to 8th FEB 2015||18|
|03||COMPUTER AIDED DRAFTING||Mr. K.A. Patil||7th to 9 th Feb. 2015||40|
|Sr No||Program||Resource Person||Duration||NO OF STUDENTS|
|01||GENERAL AWARENESS OF COMPUTER||Mr. S.L. Dawkhar||30th Jan to 1st Feb 2014||SY ME|
|02||ENTREPRENEURSHIP AWARENESS CAMP||Mr. Sunil Chandak||13th Jan to 15th Jan 2014||110|
|Sr No||Program||Resource Person||Duration||NO OF STUDENTS|
|01||Electrical Repairing/Maintenance Training Workshop||Mr.G.R.Sahastrabudhe||10th Jan-12th Jan 2013||—–|
|02||ENTREPRENEURSHIP AWARENESS CAMP||Mr. Sunil Chandak||11th Jan to 13th Jan 2013||TY STUDENTS|
Department: Student’s Welfare
Student Welfare is integral part to all aspects of college life and the main motive of this to ensure that the institute should provide a safe and supportive environment and culture which shaped and maintained so that the experience of teaching and learning is enhanced for all students…
“Beautiful and very well maintained library and all d best for future.”
“Nicely arrange and well planned and properly maintained library.”
MAHESH DABAK(CHAIRMAN, Managing Board NSP mandal,nashik
“It is wonderful efforts taken by the management providing the best technical knowledge, Library is the best place for the same.”
“A very Good institute and well maintained, wishing success for the future growth.”
G.P.S Ahluwalia,DGM HAL,Nashik
“A college with very promising landmark with dedicated facility.”
Capt. J.K .Choudhury (Command Recruitment Officer, Indian Navy, Mumbai)
“Very nice institute with a good amenities for pursuing engineer, well and professionally managed.”
“It is surprising to me to see this campus after eight years, nice contribution to needs of society.”
“It is a wonderful effort on the part of the society to provide world class facilities to student.”
Dr.Naval Jit Kapoor (Commissioner Income Tax, Nashik)
“Thank you very much for your hospitality and to showing me your institute good work and best wishes for the future.”
Melvyn Pyer University College Birmingham,UK
“Nice setup and friendly atmosphere.”
Vinay Joshi Charlolte NC USA)
“Very smart infrastructure and engineering college, it will create bright future of their students ,and they already made the same ,it is contributing smart city for Nashik.”
Dr.Vijaykumar(Associate Professor,HPT College,Nashik)
“Very rarely I had come across such of full-fledged fully equipped library, good collection of books and properly placed into their shelves, a library handled on an ERP resembles me belonging to IIT Pawai, Good setup and hard work plays, keep it up.”
Ashish Chavan(VP)SCM Purchase Logistics,OMAN
“Amazing setup, contribution to the society just great.”
Aruna Kuljeet Birdi
“Good audience in library, good efforts and Initiative, good staff and responsible adopt new advance technology system.”
“Very good and infrastructure arrangement of library.”
Prof S.S.Raut HOD(ME) SANDIP POLY,NASHIK