Frequently Asked Questions(Polytechnic)
1.What is the eligibility criterion for admission to Diploma courses in Engineering /Technology?
Ans- The eligibility criterion for first year is SSC passed with minimum 35% and for direct second year it is 12th Science with any group (PCB/PCM/ PCMB), MCVC and ITIpassed with minimum 35%.This is subject to change according to DTE, Maharashtra State Admission Cell and Government policies from time to time.
2. What is the duration of courses being offered?
Ans- 3 years (Full time).
3.What is the fee structure for admission?
Ans-The fee structure is decided every year by Fee Regulating Authority and to know the previous four years’ fee structure kindly visit the fee structure section of our website.
4. Are there any financial assistance schemes for students who face financial difficulties?
Ans- Government scholarship schemes for SC/ST/NT/SBC/OBC/EBC/Minority Category are available as per eligibility norms of Government.
5. How is discipline observed in the Institute campus?
Ans- Discipline is the top most priority of the institute.
• Moral qualities are shaped in a number of ways both implicit and explicit.
• Students admitted in the institute have to observe and abide by the discipline rules prescribed by the Discipline Committee of the institute.
• Anti-Ragging Committee, Grievance Redressal Committee and Vishakha Committee are formed to maintain a conducive environment in the institute.
• SMS based Attendance Monitoring is done.
• Parents- teacher meetings are conducted regularly.
• Student Guardian system is designed to develop the communication between parents and teacher regarding overall development of the student.
• CCTV cameras are installed for elaborate monitoring of campus and full proof security.
6. Is there any rule for attendance, if yes then what is it?
Ans- As per MSBTE Rule OG-4, 75% attendance is compulsory in every subject’s theory and practical. If a student does not fulfil this requirement, he/she will be detained i.e. will not be allowed to appear for MSBTE Exam.
7. When does the academic session start and end?
Ans- As per the MSBTE academic calendar. For academic year 2016-17please refer MSBTE academic calendar.
8. How are students assessed at the Polytechnic?
Ans- Continuous assessments through various assignments, class tests, term work concluding semester examinations are conducted to assess the academic performance of the students.
9. How many examinations are there in an academic year?
Ans- As per the semester pattern, there are two examination per year conducted by MSBTE, one in October/November and the other in April /May.
10. What is the average time a polytechnic student spends on campus every day?
Ans-Daily it is a 7 hours schedule. Weekly about 35-36 hours are spent attending lectures, tutorials, practical, sports, yoga, Co-curricular and Extra-curricular activities. In addition, ETBS (Extra Teaching for Backlog Students) are conducted after regular classes. Also, some students remain on campus after college hours for sports and self-study.
11. Do polytechnic students participate in national tournaments?
Ans-Besides participating in the national competitions, polytechnic students also take part in inter-collegiate and district/state level competitions. Various prizes at national and state level in cultural/technical/sports competitions are won by GGSP students.
12. Do polytechnics incorporate industrial training/attachments as compulsory components of the curriculum?
Ans-Industrial orientation/training/attachment is a compulsory component of the polytechnic curriculum. This is usually scheduled during the second and third year of study. Please refer Departmental Activity section of institute website.
13. What are the chances for upgrading after completing the diploma studies?
Ans- Graduates can pursue advanced diploma courses, post/specialist diploma courses, professional courses and certificate courses conducted by the polytechnics and other educational or professional institutions. Polytechnic graduates may also consider further studies in the local or overseas universities. Various In-House trainings are provided by the institute to make students of GGSP industry ready. Please refer training section of institute website.
14. What will be the career entry level for diploma holders?
Ans- Upon graduation, polytechnic diploma holders can start their career as technologists or middle-management executives. The career prospects are very promising as long as they perform well academically and have gained relevant practical knowledge.